For the aquafaba:
- Water from 2 cans chickpeas (about 350ml), strained into a saucepan
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 tbsp castor sugar (see a list of vegan sugars here)
For the Chocolate mix:
- 150g dark dairy-free chocolate, melted
- 50g vegan margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp castor sugar.
- Reduce your chickpea water by one third. Bring the water to the boil in the saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes until you can see that it has reduced in volume by approximately one third.
- Allow the water to cool completely. I do this by pour it into a jug and then put the jug on iced water to speed up the process.
6. Melt the chocolate and margarine so that they are cooled slightly by the time the aquafaba is ready.
7. Mix the chocolate, margarine, sugar and vanilla together until you have a smooth consistency. Now add, a spoonful at a time, one third of the aquafaba to the chocolate mix. Stir until you get a smooth, loose blend.
8. Once this is done, pour the mixture into the remaining aquafaba and fold gently using a large spoon or spatula, until you have a light chocolate foam. Spoon this into your serving dishes and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. To serve, dust with cocoa powder and garnish with a sprig of mint.